Social Media Internship
Rorshok is looking for a fully remote creative social media intern to work with our marketing team. We are a small international team in which everyone works together and learns from each other. Your opinions and ideas will be extremely valuable and influential. We believe social media and social media campaigns can be carried out responsibly, we think outside the box and have big ambitions for our enterprise and want to work with someone who is as excited as we are.
Rorshok is a purpose and mission-driven non for profit international venture pursuing new ways to help people create real-time and quality connections, with where they live and with each other. We are looking to innovate the ways international news are delivered. For that reason, each week we produce brief (ten-minute) English-language audio updates for different countries that provide the locals’ point of view on the big things going on there. We currently have shows for Spain, Georgia, Venezuela, Argentina, Malawi, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Turkey, Japan and Poland.
The internship is unpaid and lasts for 6 months, 12 hours a week. During that time you will be assigned one or more shows and be responsible for following social media calendars, creating social media posts, and assisting the team with brainstorming campaigns. You’ll learn all about social media platforms, creative campaign ideas and analytics skills to create successful posts, as well as become knowledgeable about the country our countries you will be working with and how to carry yourself in a professional and fully remote work environment.
Your Profile (Not Exclusive)
- The position is open to anyone over 18 years of age that is interested in what we do as an enterprise and has some experience on social media
- Anyone interested in social media campaigns that are effective and ethical.
- Anyone who wants to learn how to grow their personal brand
- Anyone that wants to get a job in social media and want experience on your CV
- Good sense of judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Interest in working with social media responsibly
- Interest in stirring away from traditional ways of online presence
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms,
- Goal-driven, team-oriented and hard-working
- Ability to take direction and multitask
- PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience is a plus
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow the social media calendar,
- Brainstorm campaign ideas,
- Post on various social media platforms, mostly, but not excluded to Instagram and Twitter.
- Evaluate the analytics to gauge the success of campaigns,
- Fill in reports and data for performances of social media platforms being managed.
- Monitor and keep track of responses and engagement.
- Engage listeners and audience on posts and social media platforms.
- Prepare presentations
- Monitor emails
- Assist the team in tasks related to the advertisement.
- Provide support to social media efforts
- Monitor social media for trending topics to utilize on social media channels
- Maintain tracking report of public relations activity
- Monitor and mediate our upcoming forum space
- Assist with personal online outreach using Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more.
- Suggest how to optimize the website and social media
- Perform keyword analysis
Benefits of the internship
- Practical experience with the current marketing and advertising techniques and social media campaigns.
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with experienced, knowledgeable marketing professionals.
- Skills on how to communicate in a remote professional environment and the opportunity to participate in company meetings.
- Improvement of your writing skills for content creation, adapting to a brand’s identity and voice across a variety of different social media platforms.,
- Experience in how to represent a brand
- Training in Graphics design, Canva and other similar tools
- Training in Ads
- Budgeting and Marketing strategy
- Responsible social media marketing/digital marketing skills aligned with a brand’s mission
- Setting up a new social media platform, Dos and Don’t
- What should the resume of an SM Manager look like?
- Minimum of 6 months of work experience to add to your CV
- A letter of recommendation and reference for future jobs.
Schedule and duration
- This internship program is planned to last for a minimum duration of 6 months.
- The schedule will be personalized according to your availability, but you will be required to work a minimum of 12 hours a week.
- You are required to work at least an hour every day (Monday to Friday)..
If you have any questions concerning Rorshok or relating to the internship program, kindly write to firstname.lastname@example.org